About the Role
We are looking for an IT Reporting Analyst
to join our Brisbane Program & Performance team, responsible for compiling data sets and views on that data such that they provide a consistent view across all dimensions of IT delivery and transformation. The primary goal of these views is to measure and report upon performance of the Digital & Technology team, from all different aspects. The secondary goal then is to identify opportunities for further improvement, and gain insights into which improvements provide the greatest outcomes.
The Digital & Technology team’s approach to transformation is one of conducting experiments, measuring the results, and then applying successful improvements more broadly across the rest of the group. The IT Reporting Analyst’s objective is to identify which metrics best represent that information and provides the best insights, and then to present those insights and results in a manner that is easy to interpret, and easy to action. You will also work with business stakeholders to identify, capture and report upon the benefits of business outcomes that have been implemented.
An additional objective is to be able to explain how the data reflects the reality of performance and marries up with the activities of the teams. This role requires a person who can wins hearts and minds and is passionate on ensuring strong data quality. Good communication skills with the ability to engage and influence a variety of internal stakeholders, through collaboration and technical ability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
As the IT Reporting Analyst, you will be involved in the performance and reporting process through:
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Analysing our current data gathering tools and processes to identify ways to make improvements - making it easier and quicker to collect, analyse, interpret and share data and findings;
- Establish and maintain best practice visualisation processes and frameworks that support our vision and strategy;
- Identifying data sources related to IT delivery and transformation performance and benefit measurement;
- Collecting related data and sourcing missing data;
- Design, develop and integrate solutions and data to provide performance reports and analysis, identifying opportunities for improvement where possible;
- Analysing data to find answers to specific questions;
- Assessing quality of data and removing or cleaning data;
- Collaborate with various teams across IT and the business to help collect data and establish insights that inform product & roadmap decisions;
- Generating information and intelligent insights from data sets and identifying trends and patterns;
- Preparing reports for executives and project teams;
- Ensuring that dashboards are constantly correct and up to date; and
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to liaise and consult key stakeholders while establishing strong relationships.
You are a self-motivated individual who enjoys working constructively and collaboratively with their peers in a high performing environment, along with:
About ERM Power
- Essential - prior experience working on performance metrics within an IT Program/Group;
- Experience in delivering reports and analysis of data;
- Data modelling & Data storytelling experience;
- Knowledge of SQL and other coding languages;
- Ability to automate the management & control of data for reporting processes;
- Experience navigating Jira and knowledge of the Jira database (SQL) and Jira APIs;
- Data visualisation skills (Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau);
- Ability to influence to engage technical and business stakeholders, and hold them to account in driving the right outcomes;
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills;
- Proven collaborative, agile and innovative approach to problem solving;
- Excellent written, verbal communication & presentation skills;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; and
- Knowledge of Agile and/or DevOps ways of working.
At ERM Power, we thrive on great ideas.
For 30 years, our entrepreneurial spirit has guided our growth, and powered our people’s success. Today, we are Australia’s largest dedicated supplier of business energy, and a leader in smarter energy solutions helping businesses reduce cost, consumption and emissions. We also operate two gas-fired peaking power stations in Queensland and Western Australia, supporting the industry’s transition to renewable energy sources.
Our award-winning customer focus has earned us the number one ranking in customer satisfaction among energy retailers in Australia for eight years running.1 Our team engagement and enablement is acknowledged as world class, with 91% of our people saying they feel proud to work for ERM Power.2 By embracing confidence, team spirit, and contribution, we generate fresh thinking, creativity and nimble execution to give us the edge in an ever-changing market. Importantly, we’re small enough to care, but large enough to set the agenda. We ask ‘what’s next?’ for ourselves and for our industry, always on the lookout for opportunities for our customers, our business, and our people.
1Utility Market Intelligence (UMI) survey of large customers of major electricity retailers by research company NTF Group 2011-2018
2Korn Ferry Hay Group Employee Engagement and Enablement Survey, February 2019
What sets us apart from the rest?
At ERM Power we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. ERM has strong employee engagement consistent with global high performing norms because people love to work here – and we're proud of that! The work environment is Agile and fast-paced, with a strong emphasis on outcomes.
How to Apply
- Fantastic Incentive Scheme, Income Protection Insurance, Purchase additional annual leave and more!
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment.
Please visit our website
to apply. To request a copy of the Position Description, please email email@example.com.
For more information, head to our website http://ermpower.com.au/