Women in Technology is a community of women like you who share a
passion for science and technology and appreciate the career challenges
that come with it. For more than 20 years - long before it was on the
popular agenda - WiT has been helping Queensland women to realise their
talent, achieve their potential and gain the recognition they deserve.
WiT’s network of 6000 members is one of the biggest in
Australia. Our members are from all branches of science and technology
and at all stages of their career. They may be from different technical
disciplines but they come together to share common dreams and challenges
… and WiT is here to help.
2018 was our biggest year yet!
- We hosted 24 events featuring top presenters.
- More than 1400 people took part in our social and educational programs.
- A record 600 guests attended the glittering WiT Awards.
- 36 amazing women were recognised for outstanding achievements at the Awards.
- Membership grew by 15% (wow!). We now have 6,000 members
and more than 21,000 government, corporate & individual supporters
through various channels.
- We raised $5,400 for our 2018 charity recipient, DV Connect.
2019 is going to be even better!
WiT creates exciting and meaningful opportunities to ADVANCE,
EMPOWER and CONNECT women. In 2019 there are even more opportunities to
get involved, meet great people, learn new things and have fun!
More than 40 events planned for 2019!
- Due to popular demand, we are bringing back casual
networking. A great way to catch up with friends and make connections.
Free for members.
- The ICT and Life Sciences specialist committees have some amazing speakers lined up to inspire and enlighten.
- Step Up is continuing to evolve with more intensive professional development workshops to help fast track your career.
- The first Mentoring program for 2019 is underway with huge uptake for these supportive, structured sessions.
- Applications close Feb 20 for WiT’s exclusive Board
Readiness Program, a great introduction for those wanting to take on a
Directorship. The program has been running for more than 10 yrs and
supported by AICD.
- Planning for the 2019 WiT Awards is in full flight with
ideas flowing on how we can top 2018 and encourage more inspiring women
to nominate themselves or others.
- The annual WiT survey is about to open. Don’t miss the
opportunity to have your say on the issues that matter to Women in
WiT is a diverse and inclusive community and we welcome everyone who shares our vision.